Advanced Open Water Diver
The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase confidence and build your diving skills so you can feel more comfortable in the water.
What will you learn?
The knowledge and techniques that you will acquire in the Advanced Open Water Diver course vary according to the interest you have and the adventures you live, but include
- Practical aspects of deep diving,
- Physiological effects of deep diving.
- More ways to use your underwater compass.
- How to navigate using fin strokes, visual references and time.
- How to best use your dive computer and the Electronic Recreational Dive PlannerTM (ePIRTM).
- And much, much more, depending on the Adventure Dives you choose.
The diving equipment you will use
You will use all the basic diving equipment including the underwater compass. Depending on which three adventure dives you choose, you can also try underwater photography equipment, VPS (underwater propulsion vehicle), a diving flashlight, a dry suit, lifting balloons, a diving flag / buoy and other specialized equipment.
The teaching materials you will need
The PADI Adventures in Diving Manual and the DVD provide information on more than 16 types of specialty diving. You will use them as guide books to improve your diving techniques and prepare for new experiences and adventures.
Are you interested in night diving? Go to the night diving chapter. Once you’ve taken a look at the techniques, your instructor will guide you on your first night diving adventure. Do you consider underwater navigation problematic? Review the underwater navigation section and sign up for a Navigation Adventure Immersion with your PADI Instructor.
To purchase this product, contact your local PADI Instructor, dive shop or resort.
To do this course you must have:
- Open Water Diver/Junior Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)